Great River Road - Minnesota
575 miles - Allow five days to enjoy this section of the byway.
Explore the Mississippi from the headwaters of Lake Itasca through unique landscapes of northern forests, central lakes, rolling farmland, metropolitan Minneapolis/St. Paul, and scenic bluff country. Relive history aboard a nostalgic steamboat. Fish the shores of Minnesota's many waters. Savor the culture of the Twin Cities and robust river towns.
- Chippewa National Forest
- Crane Meadows National Wildlife Refuge
- Great River Bluffs of the Mississippi
- Litchfield National Wildlife Refuge
- Minnesota Great River Road
- Minnesota Great River Road - Northern Section
- Minnesota Great River Road - Southern Section
- The Mississippi River
- Rice Lake National Wildlife Refuge
- Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge
- Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge